Τετάρτη 18 Σεπτεμβρίου 2019

Paul

Paul lives in a shelter for homeless. For some weird reason, somebody has wrote a review on Google for the shelter calling it "a horrible place to live" awarding it with one star. I meet Paul quite often around midnight, begging for some money to buy a can of beer. I'm the guy that will cover him to the off licence to buy a can of beer almost every time I'll see him. I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong for doing this. I know that if I don't do it, he'll wait outside the place till really late till he makes it to gather the amount he needs. Two Pounds. So, I am covering him, cause I want to see him grabbing happily his beer, going to his bed in the shelter and stay there for the night.

All the times I did it, he was was really thankful, walked in the same direction with me, till his shelter, gave me a handshake, thanked me again and assured me that he would stay in the shelter till the morning while ringing the bell for the door to open.

Paul is black, without teeth and I'm not sure if he's always drunk, mentally ill or both. He's definitely the person that most of you, would avoid, be rude to and definitely wouldn't have a handshake with. Without knowing his story, for me, Paul could be any of us. Paul is the by-product of our "civilisation". Paul is human though and carries a soul. And every soul should be treated with Kindness.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου