Κυριακή 15 Σεπτεμβρίου 2019

Kidney stone

Last night on my way home from work I experienced the strongest pain ever in my life, around my belly, spreading all the way around my back. I would really prefer to die at this moment. It was unbearable. Some painkillers and a hot water bottle allowed me to go through the night, hoping that the pain will go. The opposite happened.

I skipped work and crawled to Charing Cross hospital, this morning. Had blood and urine tests and a CT scan found a kidney stone, quite big, that made it to the bladder, creating inflammations all the way there. I'm drugged like an elephant right now and given extra medication for the days following. I really thought that it was something more severe, from the amount of pain. Something like terminal stage cancer. I was ready to give my cremation instructions to my best friend. Happy that I left standing from there. On positive news, my blood exams (apart from some values affected by the inflammations and pain) are perfect. Never thought of this. I really thought that my blood condition would be much more bad than it is.

I would like to thank my friends, that after learned about my small adventure, they wished me well and offered me any kind of help and advices. It's really nice to know that your friends care.

Our NHS is a jewel. What they did for me in almost five hours, would have take weeks in Greece. I feel more proud now that I participated in the campaign to save Charing Cross hospital from demolition, that the government wanted. And I would like to thank everyone there for taking care of me!

How cool is that the girl in the CT scan told me "Pull your pants down.". Never been told this before...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου