Τετάρτη 13 Νοεμβρίου 2019

Marks

I got my marks for my first assignment in The Open University. Waiting for it, I had mixed feelings. The fact is that I never got marks in this century, in anything, apart from stupid Facebook tests. Another fact is that I screw it up with my time management, therefore I had a load of material to study in a super short period and I had to write my assignment under deadline pressure in a more scientific and official way than the one I'm writing here, which is the way I talk.

I wasn't so certain if I did my reference list correctly. I knew though that I have studied hard my material and I totally and absolutely understood everything I studied. Putting all these in a Word document, answering a question, was quite challenging. As challenging it is to write something here.

A part of me wanted to excel in this. Another part of me was feeling that it would be a disaster. The mark is far above the disaster, but not an excel. But there are two important things that happened to me while reading the comments of my tutor in my essay. First, now I know what went wrong and I can fix it in my next assignment. My reference list turn out to be ok, apart from how to put it in line (FYI, it goes alphabetically to the author's name). Second, I felt so fucking good for what I'm doing. The whole process of learning new terms and writing about them in a restricted word count is so challenging. The most challenging part, though, is that through studying I have the opportunity to sharpen a bit more my intelligence, to push myself further in a better path, to become a better human.

I feel lucky to be supervised by this amazing Japanese tutor. I want to find some time to read her books about nationalism. I feel so good knowing that I love what I'm doing, knowing that after I finish this module, which is about social science, the one that follows is about PHILOSOPHY! I thank the synchronicity for meeting this Kosovar girl at work who told me about this course, in a period that my life seemed so meaningless. I love what I'm doing, I have find a job that I love and pays really good, in my favourite part of London and finally I have find a meaning in my life, apart from survival. :-)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου