Τρίτη 3 Σεπτεμβρίου 2019

Thanos



One of the last jobs I did to survive, before leaving Greece, was attaching posters in the center of Athens. Difficult job. I could write a book with stories from this period, with incidents happened to me and people I met. Out of thousands posters I attached, this was my favourite. Thanos Anestopoulos was already one of my favourite artists since he was singing for Diafana Krina (=Transparent Lillies). I kept one and now is onto the door of my small wardrobe in Nikaia. In the other door is a poster from the last ever concert of FF.C. at An Club, that I "stole" from Kavouras entrance in Exarchia.

I attended one of the concerts in the poster. It was magic night that lasted till really early in the morning. My only and most precious night, listening to his voice, singing his poetic creations. There won't be another Thanos. He died of cancer on the 3rd September 2016. His memory and lyrics will remain forever.





Some lyrics, I obviously translated poorly from his "This is not a love song", in remembrance.

" ... Love is the kiss to the defeated friends.
Love have the poor roses and the white lilies.
Love is the smile at the edge of our silence.
Love have the wings, that take you away from death..."

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου