Κυριακή 1 Ιανουαρίου 2023

2023


I have this good friend, who always says that books are nothing and doing things instead of reading about them is better. I was always arguing with him that books are important, before actions. As I learnt, while studying Sociology though, the truth is always somewhere in the middle. For every event that is happening, different actors will testify their own views on it. Views that are based heavily in factors like, the place and the time they were brought up, their belief systems, their religion, their political views, their habits and hobbies, the things they love, rumours they heard or read, a bit of fantasy, forgetfulness or exaggeration and a bit of lies occasionally. 

Observing myself for a while, the year that passed, I realised that I'm good in theory, but not equally good at action. While, I absolutely knew which the path was, in order to achieve excellent results, didn't always follow it. That caused delays, average results, exhaustion and sometimes self disappointment. Some friends told me that I achieved a lot. I never told them, but I always replied to myself, that I achieved a lot, but not as much as I could. I know I am just a human, but human nature can be altered for the better, if you can eliminate flaws and embrace virtues. Achieving this and take some more action are my targets for the year that just begun. As Brandon Flowers of The Killers sung "Rise up like the sun, labor 'till the work is done". 

In 2022, I know I was hard to be reached by most of my friends, I take the blame for it, I apologise and I promise I will work to improve. 

I miss the sea. I only spent a few hours next to it. To float in the sea the temperature of blood, to rephrase Douglas Coupland, is what I wish the most in 2023. And I will achieve this too.

I would like to wish to everyone who reads this, a great 2023. Always remember that there is no obstacle that can not be overridden on what you want to achieve, except yourself  and people who "can't tell the good from evil" as described from my dead Philosopher-Emperor. To them you can either use his words "None of you can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness." or use the wise words of the greatest football player of all time "¿Que mirá, Bobo? ¡Andá payá!" 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου