Κυριακή 20 Οκτωβρίου 2019

A dream

He was really famous back in the eighties. Lead singer to this band that was selling millions of albums. I decided to go and see him. Hoping he would play some of the band's big hits. I went up the white marble stairs, filled with fluorescent lamp lights. I entered a darker room with white walls and two windows. Outside, the yellow lamps of the street could be seen. Next to the stairs, was the lift for one person only. There were six white MDF tables, put in no particular order in the room. There was a tiny bar, similar to the one that existed, next to the entrance of the Orange Bar in Ios. A bearded young barman was behind, looking so bored being there. I grabbed a drink and sit in the corner table. The stage was next to the bar and it was equally tiny. He grabbed his guitar and started playing his tunes. His hair were long and white and sparse. We were six people listening to him, all sitting in different tables. Alone.

I fell asleep. I could feel the cold surface of the table in my cheek. But I was too tired to bother. I woke up when he said "Thank you". He put his guitar down. Nobody clapped. I walked towards him. He looked so sad. He was filling up stadiums once and there he was playing for six people. And one of them was sleeping. I asked him politely for a photo. He nodded yes. I looked around. A chubby blonde girl and a tiny black hair girl were walking behind me, going to the stairs. I don't know how they get there. They were not in the audience for sure. "Love, can you take us a photo, please?" I said. They went down the stairs without even looking at me. He put his black backpack on. In panic, I looked behind me for the next "photographer". "Bro, can you take us a photo?" I said. He equally ignored me, like I was a ghost. He opened the door of the lift. The girls appeared again from the stairs. I wanted to ask them again. The door of the lift was now closed and the light from the cabin was disapearing in the square window, like a filling progress bar in a computer screen. I was alone in the venue. Had a last look at the windows and walked down the stairs.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου