Τετάρτη 28 Αυγούστου 2019

Some Music

My childhood cassette compilations from 5000Volt at Krinis Square. At friend's houses from an Mk2 stylus. In a bed at the corner of a room, with my head to the East, from a small Sony Discman. In night shifts in Suda Bay, guarding a gate, looking at the boats leaving for Piraeus, holding an M1 Garand rifle and having an en block clip in the pocket. Downloads from LimeWire and Pirate Bay. Concerts with or without ticket. Vinyls from Vangelis and CDs from Zacharias in Monastiraki. Spendin my first salary, every month on Metropolis and Happening. Morning cleaning at the Orange Bar with requests to the DJ. In the darkest hours when life seemed so hard to take and in the times of happiness and glory when all energy had to be released. This is my music. I know every single word of these songs, in every language, every meaning hidden or not, every breath the artist takes before start singing, every single beating of the drum, every touch of the pick in the guitar chords. This is music tattooed on my brain, that will never leave me and no one will ever take from me.

It's here

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου